Friday, January 9, 2009

Spaghetti Squash

For dinner I tried something new:
Organic Spaghetti Squash.

I was kind of nervous when trying it, because it smelt like pumpkin when I first cut it open. I thought it was going to taste like pumpkin, too. But no worries, it was AMAZING!

Steps:

1. Cut open the spaghetti squash (In half, long ways.)
2. Scrape out the seeds and the pulp.
3. Bake rind side up about 30 to 40 minutes at 375 F. Microwave 6 to 8 minutes (let stand for a few minutes afterwards) Boil 20 minutes or so.
4. Run a fork from side to side and make little spaghetti strands.

Put some organic spaghetti sauce on top and there you have it!! It taste really good, and I think it taste better then spaghetti noodles. It has sort of a nutty flavor, and a really nice texture. Plus, it's low carb and low calorie!

3 comments: